Ode on a Grecian URL

Monday, October 02, 2006

Answering So what?

Meeting with students in conferences this past week, I have been overjoyed to find that nearly all of you are struggling actively to explain why your essays are important to our understanding of these texts. While the struggle might not feel particularly pleasant right now, trust me when I say that it will help you craft a more pleasant paper for me to read and grade.

If you are still struggling and uncertain how to explain the importance of your essay, here are a few tricks that usually work for me:

If you are working on Great Expectations and don't think you will be able to connect your analysis to the text's central problem or question until you have finished the text, I am happy to entertain requests for short extensions.

:: posted by Mike, 3:35 PM