Ode on a Grecian URL

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Essay 1: Grading

In just a few minutes, I will begin emailing back your first essays. I have commented all of these essays in two ways:
  1. In the margins -- if you can't seem my marginal notes, go to the View menu and choose Markup (at least, that's how you do it in my version of Word; if these directions don't work for you, look in your word processor's help program for "markup" or "reviewing" or "comments")
  2. At the end of your essay, in a teal font color
Please read all my comments -- I wrote them with you in mind, trying to give you the best advice I could about what you should keep doing and what you should do a little differently for your second essay.

If you would like to see your grade for this essay, please read my comments answer these three questions -- you don't have to parrot my comments back to me; indeed, I would really like to hear your own analysis of your work:

  1. What was the strongest feature of your essay?
  2. What will you do differently when you write your second essay?
  3. What questions do you have for me?
:: posted by Mike, 12:27 PM