Ode on a Grecian URL

Monday, January 16, 2006

Onward!

Below you should find four posts that just went up tonight:
  1. Some general comments about the second essays and remarks about how you might pursue future (literary-analytical) essays differently.
  2. Graphs of the grade distributions from last semester.
  3. Two answers to the exam essays that received full credit. (Here are some examples of ways people got full credit for the IDs.)
  4. Finally, some recommendations for books worth the reading.
That's a bit of an information dump, I know, but hope some of the hints contained therein are worth your while to read.

If in your attentive perversity you wish to continue to follow my pedagogical adventures, you might turn your attention to my Spring 2006 class blog: As I Lay Reading. I'll be teaching English 168 (literature after 1900) for Jesse Wolfe, and we'll be tackling some extremely challenging texts--including Faulkner, Morrison and Coetze--and it should be quite fun to watch me struggle to talk about them at all meaningfully.

Remember that I am always here for you, and always reachable at the email address you used all last semester. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if there is ever anything I can do for you!
:: posted by Mike, 7:53 PM